Reporting directly to the VP Data Architecture, Privacy and Security, the Information Technology Manager will work closely with all parts of the organization to implement optimal, secure operations infrastructure in support of the company meeting its business objectives among various departments in the organization such as Engineering, Sales, and Marketing. The Information Technology Manager must have proven professional experience, detailed knowledge of industry’s current best practices, be comfortable working with people at all levels in the company and understand how to motivate and encourage staff.
Areas of Responsibility:
The candidate will stay apprised of the latest in security technologies, advancements, and threats to ensure adequate ongoing security scrutiny of the infrastructure, auditing, security testing, security of data, and secure network access.
- Business Continuity (BC) / Disaster Recovery (DR):
The candidate will contribute to comprehensive BC and DR plans with commensurate testing to ensure the company can rely on our ability to re-establish its operations in the event of catastrophe.
- Certifications and / or Compliance Standards:
The candidate will assist in pursuing various certifications and/or compliance standards implementations such as International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001 and Service Organization Control series of American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) certifcations, and in particular SOC II.
- Strategic Planning:
You’ll contribute to operational strategies to ensure optimal cost effectiveness of the business’ overall operations, for the short, medium, and long term. You’ll direct research in the evolving world of network technologies and drive adoption where budget allows and advantages make sense, studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Technology Infrastructure:
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the company’s infrastructure, to monitor, identify and ideally pre-empt problems and potential issues with an emphasis on high systems availability, fault tolerance and necessary backup infrastructure. The candidate will contribute to design, development, implementation, and coordination of systems, policies and procedures for the security and well-being of the company’s data infrastructure according to industry best practices.
- Budgeting / Cost Control:
The Information Technology Manager creates the infrastructure budget and monitors costs, employee productivity and purchasing.
- Capacity Planning:
The candidate will conduct ongoing evaluation, monitoring and planning for the company systems’ capacity to accommodate projected systems, personnel, and clientele growth.
- Strong proficiency in interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
- Exhibits leadership:
• Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Expects and exudes honesty and integrity throughout company interactions.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressively senior level related IT management experience.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks with potentially competing priorities within tight timeframes.
- A track record of process improvements and implementing efficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize revenue opportunities and/or cost optimization.
- Experience in the Financial Technologies (Fintech) industry is desireable.
- Experience in financial services such as residential / commercial real estate conveyancing, mortgages, and real estate is also desireable.
All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada.
Simplicity Global Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your Resume/CV, and Cover Letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.